Executing a content marketing strategy to high performance is harder than it looks. Make it easy with a coach for content performance.
Now that you have your digital content strategy, it’s time for execution. Turning the plan into relevant and engaging content and distributing it in a way that drives performance can be easier said than done. It could be a concept that seemed like a great idea just isn’t hitting the mark, or a content asset that had been productive has lost it’s connection with buyers or customers.
What can help is a fresh eye and perspective to allow you to step back and assess what you intended against what was created. What can be even more frustrating is that it can be as simple as a matter of word choice in relation to a persona that makes all the difference in the world for the ROI of the content.
A content coach can help streamline the path to performance.
As more companies decide to build expertise in house for content marketing, it can be helpful to get a review and recommendations from an impartial expert whose been in the trenches and can help you get performance up to speed fast. Taking a customer-centric view can be difficult from the inside because marketers know too much about their products and solutions, making it hard to assume the buyer or customer’s perspective without bias.
Some examples of how a mentor can help with execution include:
- Reviewing content assets against personas to improve relevance and response
- Assisting with compelling distribution across channels with differing nuances
- Recommending changes in content flows for increased momentum in nurturing programs
- Validating personas to ensure they haven’t become dated, thereby misinforming content strategy
- Providing editorial feedback as your writers develop persona-driven content
- Brainstorming engagement scenarios to help increase performance
If you have an area of your content strategy execution plan that could use some fine tuning, we’re here to help.
Contact us to have a conversation about how we can help you improve content marketing performance.